Tuesday 14 July 2015

Carl Froch Retires


Today marks the day that one of the great British boxers of the modern sport retires.  The four-time world champion has now announced his retirement from professional boxing and will be joining Sky Sports as a pundit.

Carl Froch ‘The Cobra’ hangs up his gloves at the age of 38 having won the WBC, WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles during his career. Froch will be leaving the sport on a high, having knocked out George Groves in his final fight in front of 80,000 fans at wembley (May 2014).  He boasts an impressive record of 33 wins, 2 loses, with 24 KO’s.

Froch said: "I'm incredibly proud of what I have achieved in boxing but now is the right moment to hang up my gloves.  I have nothing left to prove and my legacy speaks for itself.

"Sky Sports is the home of boxing and has followed me throughout my career. I can’t wait to join the team and help bring fans the best fighters, the best contests and the best analysis."

All the best from everyone at Geezers Boxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment